CUTTING, Ward Arthur 1 2
- Born: 13 Dec 1893, Dexter Township, Codington, South Dakota, United States 1 2
- Marriage: CALDWELL, Eleanor Mary on 21 Jul 1923 in Beaverton, Washington, Oregon, United States 1
- Died: 14 Nov 1966, Milwaukie, Clackamas, Oregon, United States aged 72 1
- Buried: 16 Nov 1966, Portland, Multnomah, Oregon, United States 1
Facts and details for Ward Arthur Cutting:
• He was buried at the Willamette National Cemetery in Portland, Multnomah, Oregon, United States on 16 Nov 1966. 1
• His obituary was published in The Oregonian on 16 Nov 1966. It read as follows:
Ward Arthur Cutting, 72, 2312 SE Risley St., Milwaukie, long-time chief of airways communications in Portland for the Federal Aviation Agency, died at a local hospital Monday after a long illness.
Mr. Cutting, who spent 40 years in the FAA communications field, retired in 1958.
He was born Dec. 13, 1893 at Dexter, S>D>, moving to Oregon with his family at the age of 6. He attended grade schools in the Beaverton area, took college extension work from Harvard University, then served with the Navy in World War I.
He was a private pilot and active in the early air mail experiments.
He was a member of the Columbia Aviation Country Club and IEEE, a communicators orgaanization; a member of Darlington Masonic Lodge and the Air Mail Pioneer Association.
He is survived by the widow, Eleanor; two daughters, Mrs. Muriel Jordan of Milwaukie and Mrs. Elaine Brandt of California; a son, Donald E. Cutting of Portland and nine grandchildren.Service will be at Peake Memorial Chapel in Milwaukie at 10 a.m. Wednesday, with vault entombment in Willamette National Cemetery.
The family suggests that any remembrances be in the form of contributions to the Muscular Distrophy Fund. 1
Ward married Eleanor Mary CALDWELL, daughter of John CALDWELL and Ada Mae FREWING, on 21 Jul 1923 in Beaverton, Washington, Oregon, United States.1 (Eleanor Mary CALDWELL was born on 19 Mar 1899 in Beaverton, Washington, Oregon, United States,3 died on 20 Jul 1981 in Milwaukie, Clackamas, Oregon, United States 3 and was buried in Portland, Multnomah, Oregon, United States 3.)