HACKETT, Julia Elizabeth 1
- Born: 13 Dec 1940, Rocky Mountain House, Clearwater, Alberta, Canada 1
- Marriage: PENNINGTON, William in 1960 in Red Deer, Red Deer County, Alberta, Canada 1
- Died: 21 Aug 2004, Red Deer, Red Deer County, Alberta, Canada aged 63 1
- Buried: Innisfail, Red Deer, Alberta, Canada 1
Another name for Julia was Judy.1
She died at the Red Deer Regional Hospital.
She is buried at the Innisfail Cemetery.
Facts and details for :
• She worked as a secretary in 1963 in Red Deer, Red Deer County, Alberta, Canada. 2
• She lived at 4320 53 Street Crescent in Red Deer, Red Deer County, Alberta, Canada in 1963-1968. 2 3
• She lived in Penhold, Red Deer, Alberta, Canada in 1972-1974. 4 5
• Her obituary was published in 2004. It read as follows:
Julia (Judy) Elizabeth Pennington (nee Hackett) passed away peacefully with her family at her side at the Red Deer Regional Hospital on August 21, 2004.
Judy was born December 13, 1940 and was raised in Rocky Mountain House, Alberta where she lived as a small child, later moving to Red Deer, Alberta where she resided until she married William (Bill) Pennington in 1960.
Judy spent most of her adult life on the family farm where she lived until her passing. Judy was predeceased by Bill, her husband of 39 years, two infant sons, her parents Olive and William Hackett of Red Deer, her in-laws Bella and John Pennington of Penhold and Auntie Ruth Garett of Rocky Mountain House.
She was a fun loving, compassionate woman who cared for her family deeply and left a lasting impression on the people she touched through her friendships and community service. She took great pride in the family farm, her yard and gardens.
Judy made her family and the farm her career, but, is also known for the positions she held at Gaetz Cornett Pharmacy (Red Deer) and Innisfail Pharmacy where she established lifelong friends and memories. She loved working with the public and shared many laughs with her friends and co-workers.
She will be greatly missed by her son Michael Pennington of Penhold, Alberta her daughter Elizabeth (Kevin) Hoppins of Huxley, Alberta her three precious grandchildren Michelle, Stephanie and William and her dog Huey. Nana loved her grandchildren 'to bits' and was always delighted to spend time with them. As well, she will be missed by friends and family everywhere.
Memorial tributes may be made to the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Alberta.
Julia (Judy) Pennington was interred at Innisfail Cemetery. 1
Julia married William PENNINGTON, son of John PENNINGTON and Bella, in 1960 in Red Deer, Red Deer County, Alberta, Canada.1